Saturday, March 04, 2006

Is headmaster a corrupt master?

Oriental Daily reported: SJK (C) Chin Woo board of directors chairman Ong Koh Hou, who had advertised notice of rewards almost everyday recently, had announced RM500,000 for the rewards to those who could provide solid evidence that could bring corrupt headmasters to court.

He welcomed feedback and evidence regarding to the matter of corruption made by headmasters. "Many had come forward to give their feedback." Ong said. "However, their information is not strong enough to bring the headmasters to court," he added.

The issue of corrupt headmasters has become a hot topic amongst Mandarin School community.

It is astonished to hear that headmasters are lacking in integrity and have been suspected of playing the game of "flipping two sided images between valet and ghost". In Hokkian, it means "lang si ee, kuei pun si ee". Are headmasters nowadays belonged to gentleman's gentlemen?

We all know that headmasters are usually acting as purchasing head, we also know that suppliers are usually giving away discount/commission to maintain their path as contractors.

One question is - whether the discount given is in kind of benefits such as CASH BACK token or in term of direct trade discount?

Another question is - since headmasters are in the profession of educational business, are they obligated and entitled to pocket discount/commission?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is easy to get feedback for the corrupt headmasters.

Believe me, the advertiser should insert a wanted ads to look for non-corrupted headmasters. I think he won't get one.

What do you think?

Anonymous said...

After I posted my comment yesterday, I suddenly think of one good 'hole' to bribe a headmaster. This is how...

If this headmaster allows me to supply books and note books to his school, I will ask my contractor to repair his house with tremendous "discount".

If this headmaster allows me to push my merchandise (whatever) in his school, I will introduce a car salesman to him. I guarantee his old car trade-in price will be very much higher than the market price. So end of the day, he only has to pay 40% of the new car price. The installments? Don't worry, they will be settled automatically, not by him; but someone else.

Picatho (百可度) said...

allenext, In fact, benefits in kind such as house facilitation is very common. The newest one maybe a tour package!