Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Are they bribable?

Few days ago, I saw this advertisement (as pix) published in the Guang Ming Daily. It was supposed to be advertised by a consulting firm.

At first sight, there were nothing wrongs with the public promotion of their services as mentioned but if you have taken a closer look at the bottom line, there was a proclamation of "supported by" several government agencies. And several logos of such government agencies, such as SSM, LHDN, CIDB etc. were had been shown alongside.

The outward appearance of this advertisement has nevertheless given me a misleading thinking. Not talking about whether the advertiser is fully authorized to use the government agencies' logos. My immediate doubt is - is there any connection linked between those named as "supported by" agencies and the advertizer, are they, those agencies, bribable in the sense to allow their logotype identities be cockered? If not, how are they be designated to support a private entity's business.

Tell me if you know the intense or profound reason!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Chinese paper should have asked from this firm related documents as evidence to support the claim.

Nevertheless, I do not think all those government agencies have time to scan all chinese papers. They also don't bother to read.

Only when people get conned or else, then the authorities will try to act.

If I am ACA officer, I will source my leads from this kind of fishy claim.

I see a lot of brainless examples published in newspapers these days.

Picatho (百可度) said...

allenext, yes, there are lots of brainless ads in newspapers these days but mostly can be seen only in Chinese newspapers. I doubt that - are most of the Chinese educated peoples pudden-headed?