Tuesday, December 20, 2005

gold or share, take my count


Nine years ago, I bought 5k MBFcap shares at RM0.88 per share for the sum of RM4,400. If during that time, I acquired gold at about RM44 per gram rather than MBFcap, I would have 100 grams of gold in hand.

The present value of my 5k MBFcap shares (being converted to 125 MBFcorp) is RM7.50; and the present value of 100 grams of gold is RM6,177. Relatively I had rugi RM6,169.50!

Nine years backs, you needed 100 grams of gold to buy 5,000 MBFcap shares. Now you only need 0.12 grams of gold to buy 5,000 MBFcap equivalent shares.

Huk! to buy share or to buy gold, my experience tells.

I think the future trend of investment is for gold coz the production quantity of gold is become lesser. On the other hand, shares will be issued more and more for the purposes of corporate funding for working capital since most of the corporations now are needing fund to roll.

Renmin Bi also becomes a favourite. It is polishing RM bimonthly in term of exchange. If I were allowed to place a further 10k of investment, I would definitely choose to kunci (lock up) 10k of Gold or Renmin Bi rather than Malaysian shares. Would you follow pace?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Are you going to hold on to your shares in the hopes that the price will go up or will you dump them now?

As to gold: apparently JP Morgan thinks future rises are at hand! http://www.aireview.com/index.php?act=view&catid=8&id=3274 T

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. This is fascinating!

Picatho (百可度) said...

Opp! anon, I gonna have to wait and see whether this counter would become antic and go higher up in decimal points. Now it is RM0.06, may be one day it'll go up to RM0.0006, by the time when shit became gold, then it would become an antique (world's teruk record holder), biddable high leh at ebay!

TK for the link.