Friday, December 16, 2005

Dunce buying jewelry


My old partner has reminded me to buy a Christmas gift for our granddaughter in order to celebrate her full-moon day aka Christmas eve. Since I already have a nice jade gems in hand which was bought from China not long ago, so I've decided to buy a white gold necklace to pair with it.

At Megamall this evening, I was examining the shop windows and browsing for a preference to any other. The stupid idea was actually I totally didn't know how to make a good selection. By looking me eying in vain of desirability, a sale girl then approached me and said: "Sir, what are you looking for, may I help you?". I therefore told her that I am looking for a white gold necklace for my little grandchild.

"O, you're coming at a right place, we have plenty of selections, come, I show them to you." she said while leading me to their counter.

"nah, this one is perfect and inexpensive." she said while showing me a pick.

"OK! how much is this?" I asked.

"You see, the price is RM510 on its tag. But you're lucky coz gum gum today we have a promotion, now I can give you a special price at only RM388 net." she convinced.

"Wah! so tiny so expensive, I think I better have a price comparison first then I'll get back to you." I responded with an intention to move away.

"Come lah sir, I calculate another special discount exclusively for you," she said and then was making a tit tit tak tak on the calculator and lastly added: "OK! this is the bottom price - RM288, I guarantee you wouldn't find this price at other shop."

"But I still feel inappropriate for the price over such a small necklace, probably I need to feel out a prior cognition about that!" I replied implausibly.

"OK lah! less RM20 again come to RM268 as the last offer in order to compliment your grandchild, OK?" she reconciled.

Eventually I was having a conviction over her many times of discount and therefore made the purchase. Whether it's cheap or expensive, frankly, I'm blur! Anyway It's a good time to be a Santa by giving out the gift.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah!! grandpa buying gold for grandkid. so sweet....

maybe it's just me but i'm all for yellow gold. white gold just doesnt appeal to me.

Picatho (百可度) said...

Aiya! yvy, forgotten lah to consult u for the buying this kind of char bor things. Is that i was lousy or cleaver to buy such "cut-cut-&-cut price" necklace?

Anonymous said...

what char bor things? guys looks alike char bor nowadays.only char bor knows how to cut-cut-&-cut price.but.......... ! best 2 buy and cheap 2 sell but safer 2 wear with peace of mind.

Anonymous said...

well, i know that white gold has no resale value. so...this is pretty much why i stick to yellow gold. ;)