Thursday, December 01, 2005

Germination, enervation


Following a sweet moment not long ago that had irrigated my inner peace , me and my wife were celebrating becoming a grandpa and grandma after our youngest daughter gave birth to a baby girl. It's a fine germination after 27 years!

The baby was born on Thus Nov 24 at Gleneagle Penang, weighing in at a healthy 3.51kg. She is gorgeous, healthy and is suggested to be named as Carmen. We're celebrating every moment with our beautiful grandchild these few days.

The birth of my grandchild is also signalizing that it's the moment I'm climbing down the hill of man's life-cycle. However I'm gaining momentum for every moment to be contemporaneous with her growth albeit the feebleness.

By the time someone is calling you uncle, it's significant that you life is supposed to be anchored. Coming at the last quarterly milestone of life, in fact it's amazing! Inextricably you would find yourself be fancy-free and fascinated with values of association not only to people but to things also. And the power of endurance to physical pains becomes greater. I'm wondering! Perhaps it's rightful that "the meaning of life would be eventually derivable from the understanding of its machanics" which was assumed by scientists and philosophers when converging on the quest of meaning of life.

"I dreamt, and I, so singular, saw myself as plural." -- Lenine

4 comments:

Dr.Prince (王子- 陳琮祐) said...

Congratulation!!!..=)

Picatho (百可度) said...

dr.prince, TQ for your words

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

She is lucky because she was sent to Penang, not other ulu countries.

As granpa, I see it as "promotion". Well, when it comes to promotion, Peter's Principle always applicable. It says "In an organization, each person rises to the level of his own incompetence."

In this context, I would say you need to learn to be a competent granpa, i.e. behave yourself like one. Otherwise 为老不尊,教坏子孙.

Picatho (百可度) said...

allenext, Walaueh, promotion to impotent??? No no no I don't want this promotion.

My wife has just teased me that if my g.dauter were had to be staying with me next time, she would first be very good in 3 words languages, see! a branded product!