Thursday, April 20, 2006

Rainbow

While I was reconditioning my DIY little fish pond during the last evening, I saw this rainbow in the sky. It was charming and initially came up with 4 colors. But I was be able to photo down with 3 colors only with few seconds' delay in grabbing a digicam.

It has been years I didn't notice a rainbow. In Chinese mythology, the rainbow was a slit in the sky sealed by Goddess Nuwa using stones of five different colors. Shall it portray an arc of colored light as a remark of fortune or just an illusory hope to me?

An poem of William Wordsworth from 1802, "My Heart Leaps Up When I Behold The Rainbow", begins with:
So was it when my life began;
So is it now I am a man;
So be it when I shall grow old,
Or let me die!…

Perhaps, the rainbow was cheering me for a successful finishing of my little fish pond! Here you could see, there were newly purchased 'koi' fishes were enjoying their new home.

I took a few puffs in the garden while witnessing my finished job. I was thinking, since I'm still be able to 'do' things at this milestone and next, what's the coming project ........

2 comments:

Dr.Prince (王子- 陳琮祐) said...

I must say, i like your fish-pond man!

Picatho (百可度) said...

Thank you Dr Prince, your praise is much encouraging.h