Saturday, April 08, 2006

How efficient the Tmnet is

On Thursday, my Streamyx connection coughed (off-and-on) violently. As I picked up my phone, I could clearly hear the distortions sound kept coming louder than tone sounds.

So, being a humble technical man, I immediately reckoned that this matter would probably be settled under my cognizance. The easiest and most basic way (without the employment of any circuit tester) is simply by using a home-phone to tap on its lines directly onto the primary points of the incoming phone line. Finally I got the same wispy result as what I had received earlier. That meant, I got to call Telekom for help.

Moment later, I called 103 and surprisingly received the answer of "we have received many similar complaints, it's due to the thunder storm, please make your complaint to 400." Yet another corporate style of phone answering behavior. I sighed with &$##!.

Then, I did a web complaint and graciously got the immediate answer. Here they are the communications:

060406, 08:21 - Dear Tan, Thank you for submitting your complaint, our customer support team will attend to your complaint as soon as possible.

060406, 08:22 - Dear Valued Customer, We have received your e-mail and will revert to you the soonest.

060407, 06:50 - Dear Mr Tan, Thank you for your e-mail to TMNet.
Referring to your e-mail, please provide us with the details as follows in order to clarify the problem occurred.
- Contact person
- Contact number (mobile preferred)
- Streamyx telephone number
- Account Number
- Username
- DSL light on the modem blinking or stable
- Error Messages
- Modem brand
- Operating System (Win 98/ Win XP)
- Description of the problem
Mr Tan, please be assured that we will provide you with assistance upon receiving your mail.

060407, 10:23 - I replied - Sirs, I had made my complaint to Telekom (013) regarding to a noisy line and what they had responded was "we have received many similar complaints, it's due to the thunder storm, please make your complaint to 400." Shit! In fact, I'm very sure that it is nothing concerns with my infrastructures, Streamyx or the Streamyx congestion but is merely a LINE NOISY.

060409, 12:35 - Dear Mr. Tan,
Thank you for your e-mail to TMNet.
Mr. Tan, we are glad that the issue has been addressed, please be informed that we would like to advise you to refer to TM Point or call (100) regarding the interruption on your telephone line. Should you require any further assistance or would like to submit any enquiry/feedback, kindly visit www.tm.net.my and click on Customer Support. Mr. Tan, we thank you for taking the time to write to us and look forward to serve you better.

Actually the making of web complaint to Streamyx.com is quite effective in answering. Whereas the actual action is somehow questionable. After several days, they eventually asked me to call (100). Is that LP PL?

At this moment, I can still get the "chi cha chi cha" sound over my phone line. Hopefully thing would be getting proper.

5 comments:

Lydia Teh said...

Another new look for your blog. Wah, you're very free and rich, always move house.

Recently my Streamyx was down too, I suspect it's because of the thunderstorm. Thankfully by evening, the line was restored. Hope your connection improves soon.

Dr.Prince (王子- 陳琮祐) said...

Ha,TMNet= LP PL!
I seriously think that they need to improve their services further, it has been so many years,and yet they are still at the middle of no where! What's for - all their replied email if no action is taken right.

Anonymous said...

aiya. this tmnut is nutty one so don't expect efficient service from them.

lately streamyx users been complaining of line down. me too. during past days, sometimes no reason at all, suddenly cannot go online. it's definetely not because of the thunderstorm. it's tmnut sleeping.

Picatho (百可度) said...

Lydia, I'm not so fussy leh! Actually it has happened that my previous blog was slow in loading and it was showing far left on my wide screen. In order to save time on twisting around the CSS stylesheet. So as well a new homestead was being chosen.

Dr prince, I'm just wondering on how they would cope with the 9MP if it's true that they're still at the middle of no where. Once again here, congratulation to your MBA.

Lucia, if tmnut is nutty, then tmnet would not be a netty. I just can't understand on how they deal with customer's value when a lot of users including me are "bey shiot" their services. The corporate governance of government agencies nowadays are pretty thin.

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry to hear that ur internet connection got "cough' LOL, by the way, just wanna info u, if u got problem with ur phoneline, u should know where to call, TM --> phoneline prob (100), thou streamyx connection is using the same phoneline to transmit data, so if the phone line got problem it will effect ur streamyx too, but if u have check the phone line and it is ok and u still got the streamyx connection problem, then u can email streamyx or call them. i said this because i had a same problem like u. after i make report to 100 and the technician come to repair the phoneline, all streamyx problem disappear.just wanna info u bout that guys. dont be made haa.. Ciau!