Friday, October 07, 2005

She Is The One

Upon receiving my car's insurance renewal notice, I went to Ambank of Bagan Luar branch this afternoon.

Having wasted my time and money (toll+parking+petrol) to go there. Instead of getting my insurance and road tax renewed, the episode came out in this way:

When I reached the bank, the guard asked me to clik for a queue-ticket, so I clicked and having a number of 2451. I then sat at the waiting place awaiting for my turn. About 15 minutes later, the number was called, so I proceeded to the counter.

I said: "Cik, can u please calculate and renew my car's insurance for 60k and renew road tax for me?"

The lady: "Do you have your policy?"

I said: "It has been a year your agent haven't sent it to me, BTW here it is the renewal notice I've received"

The lady referred my question to another lady and came back to me yet couldn't give the answer immediately but was keeping her keyboard busy.

I couldn't wait anymore so I interrupted: "Can I paid by card?"

She said: "No, cash or cheque only."

I then asked her: "U see, at the back of the renewal there is an availability for card's payment"

But she still said: "No, cash or cheque only"

I was starting getting hot, so I asked back the renewal notice and said: "In this way forget about it." Then I made a move unhappily.

Back to my office. I called another insurance co to serve me. They promptly faxed me a sample authorized letter in order to redeem my Grant from Ambank and they said they would provide a one-stop service by sending their man over as soon as I've finished my letter.

While I was preparing the letter, I was keeping to ask myself "Ambank is so big, shouldn't its service be so bad."

By having a feeling of no compromise. I went through the renewal notice again. There I found a telephone number of Penang's office and so I called.

"Good afternoon, is it Ambank?" I initiated the phone conversation.

"Yes sir, how can I help u?" a Malay lady replied.

"Oh I want to renew my insurance and my car's number is ...." I said.

"In this case, please hold on, I'll pass u to Shidah" she responded.

"Yes, Mr. Tan, good afternoon, u can fax over your completed renewal to us for renewal." said by Shidah who has taken over the line.

"Actually my problem is your people in Bagan Luar branch don't want to accept my card payment ... and I supposed to change another ins co......." I complained.

"No, Mr. Tan, u shouldn't do that. My apology, actually there don't have card machine, or can I pass u to another branch to make the renewal? or I fax u the quote, u confirm later and give your card's details, then I'll do the rest for you and I'll ask our man to deliver the whole thing to u sir." She nicely explained.

In the meantime, she has asked my office location detail and tel numbers.

"OK cik Shidah, thank you very much for your service" I answered gracefully.

All of all, she is the one who has actually endowed with experience to feed her place.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only have ONE WORD to describe your situation, i.e. INCOMPETENT. (or your may read it as "idiot")

I have encountered several cases similar or worse than your case.

I remember it was my family H&S insurance renewal. I called up the insurance company, a subsidiary of a local bank. As usual, I was put to listen to the fucking music.

After a while, a girl answered my call and I told her my H&S insurance was due for renewal. I also requested if I could renew online and the answer was NO.

I told her the website encourage people to buy online with credit card. She said that was for the first time. Renewal was not allowed to use the same method.

I asked her how should I renew. She said she would fax me a renewal form. I should fill in all particulars and authorize the company to charge my credit card.

I asked her to email me the renewal form. She said no soft copy. Her company only provided hardcopy. Because soft copy could not ink my signature. I told her we already have Digital Signature Act enacted. She said "where got?" *I took a deep deep breath* Common! I told myself probably she was selling char kuey teow, not in insurance business. Idiot!*

I said I was not in the position to teach her doing her business; I only wanted to get my insurance renewed. She should ask her superior.

I asked her to give me her company email. She said company not providing individual email to her.*I nearly fainted*

Finally, she gave me her senior's email, I wrote a renewal request plus authorized the company to charge my credit card.

It was done, that simple.

Picatho (百可度) said...

Hi allenext,
O Yes, it's idiot.

Case like yours, I hate most for that kind of fucking music too. Some more the hassle of press 1, press 0, press ..... Even though you have finished press press and finally reached the human ear, things eventually failed to get it done. The worse one is they kick you like a bola from one person to another.

I did the press press musical phone system to my card co the other day. The result was they wanted me to write a letter. So I logged on to their online mail system (thought that it was faster), wrote them a message. Day after, they replied that they required signature. You see! such a lanchiau online system.

Really, sometime you have to kan them thiam thaim otherwise they don't realize the pain!