Friday, September 30, 2005

What's the perspective?

The world is suffering from destruction and lost of life caused by crime. Look in the nation as well as world sections of many newspapers and you'll usually see cases of people died from robbery, murder, kidnapping, sabotage, riot, terrorism and so on. But the MCA's boss in Malaysia believes that Malaysia is still a safe place to live. As quoted in the Oriental Daily News (www.orientaldaily.com.my) on Sep 19. He said in his opening speech during the open ceremony of Selangor Council football competition on Sep 18 "that Malaysia is a safe country and tourists can put down their hearts (safely) visit Malaysia. Not only Kuala Lumpur is safe, all the other areas are also safe ...". Currently Malaysia is being rated at 36 placing with a scoring of 6.61 within The world’s best country by economist.com ( http://www.economist.com/theworldin/international) and rated at 39 placing within Transparency International’s Corruption Perceptions Index 2004 by Transparency International (www.transparency.org/surveys/#cpi). Not really bad.

I don't know how safe it is as there is no any statistical data to give a certain degree or a certain outward aspect. As far as what am I concerned, I used to properly lock my car when it is parked. I used to lock my home's doors and windows with grills when it is vacant or when it is time to bed. I used to detect the safety of my family members when outing. I used to keep in high alert on my surroundings when touring. I used to observe the safety of my home when there is a present of aliens around. I used to be accompanied when banking.

Am I paranoiac? Certainly not. As what I've believed, all these acts is a common thing-to-do in living and basically is a part of life. The only "differences in safety deviation" that I could distinguish is from movies. People acting in Asia movie were typically double-checking to ensure that their door is closed when outing whereas people acting in Western movie were typically closing their door in a simple way without prudence. Homes were more grilled in Asia movie comparatively with homes in Western movie. But people in Western movie used more gunfire than people in Asia movie. By then, how to count the numbers of degree in order to determine a safe country?

No comments: