Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Break

This evening I came across one of my collections of excerpt, titled "Don't Just Do Something, Sit There." from the World Executive's Digest 1995. The writer Richard Eyre cited about the need of fresh maxims to slow us down and make us more purposeful - that the nature of work and play has changed. Work used to be physical and tiring in this work-oriented world, so play was often passive. Often that work leaves us mentally tired and physically unused.

While looking back over the weeks and months but not see much of "up-colored" in my life. I was like sawing the trunk with a dull saw. I kept doing something and busying myself, never taking time to just sit there and sharpen my saw.

Well and so forth, I'll take a China vacation from tomorrow till the middle of this month, just to collect my thoughts, calm my mind, and regain my perspective.

Happy blogging!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wahh! lucky you! got time (and money!) to go holiday. me have to slog like mad working working working.

enjoy your holiday in china. don't forget to come back with lots of pics.

Picatho (百可度) said...

Lucia, glad that you've the heart to greet me for my travel. I wish that you'll have the time and money to "eat wind" too!