Wednesday, February 22, 2006

No time!

God, it's been so long since I posted something. Truth is, there was either nothing to post or no time to do something to post about. Spring break did not mean as much free time as I expected since I decided not to take too much break from my job commitment. :)

I was not in good physical health for several days during the last two weeks. The worst thing was not the physical discomfort or pain, it was the invasion of the fucking spyware into my home intranet.

The so called VX2 of new variant spyware refused to go away and it hijacked my browser forcibly by malicious web sites such as match.com. No matter how often I changed back the registry settings, they were changed again the next time my system restarted. I'd "caught no ball", therefore had taken the last step - formatting harddisk - of my three network clients. And you know lah, it was a time depleting process to rebuild several systems at once. No wonder some people have said: "A virus can ruin your computer. Spyware can ruin your life".

Americans hijacked my computer akin as their planes being hijacked by terrorists, I've confused who are actually the terrorists?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have called me.

You didn't have to re-format your harddisk. Lavasoft has Vx2 cleaning tool for you to kill the malware.

Picatho (百可度) said...

allenext, Lavasoft's Vx2 plugin have had reported "unknown new variant".

Anonymous said...

You are correct, this VX2 has many brothers and sisters.

According to Lavasoft, we should clean our pc several times until it gives you a clean bill.

Only those who kena the experience would understand how frust that could be.

Take it as a challenge, will you? Apart from babysit your cucu.