Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Internet Kongfu

I remember. Few years back, I was introduced by my college professor to speak on how to initiate our project paper. I was chosen because I was one of the only three grandfather grade students in the class.

So I stepped up to the podium with little embarrassed and said, "Ladies & gentlemen, I'm sorry. I've been using keyboard rather then pen for decades. What I know is Internet Kongfu of which is a search then cut & paste act."

As all of the class laughed I continued, "But my topic of 'Does the CDTP introduced by SSM Malaysia increase the value of corporate governance?' is unfortunately found with zero search as my project is a first ever survey of the kind I think, therefore I can't demonstrate my Internet Kongfu!" The professor laughed with touching head and noted me 'idiot'.

At the end, I got less marks then those who'd used Internet Kongfu to write their projects. Because the stupid matsaleh examiner didn't understand the culture of Malaysian.

For the rest of you, the demonstration of Internet Kongfu is trying out hereof.

According to a poll conducted by Taiwan UDN Daily today, 91% of Taipei's students process PC, out of which 82% are connected to Internet.

There was a standard V pupil called Teoh Siau Mei who has 2 PCs at home. One of which is her specified PC. During this summer holiday, she was assigned with several homework, including which has a title of "Sending e-mail to schoolmate"; "Which flowers are blossoming in July?" and "Study the July's horoscope".

Her first reaction was "It's so easy!". She had a Yahoo as well as her school e-mail accounts. She used to MSN with schoolmates for pastime. Nevertheless, her finished projects had come out with fine wordings accomplished with graphics thanked to her parent's newly bought color printer.

The survey finding indicates that many students are more expert in Internet kongfu then teachers!

The world's rating of Internet usage for Taiwan is pretty high. The survey shows that 67% of children aged below 12 have had experienced with PC; 63% being to net; 62% almost connected to net daily.

You see! Teachers, you may be left behind those kids who know Internet Kongfu!

No comments: